- (FT) Administrative Coordinator/Program Specialist College of Health Professions & Natural Sciences
- Go to our website »
Effective immediately: Administrative Coordinator/Program Specialist - College of Health Professions & Natural Sciences - Wilmington University, New Castle.
Requirements: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. It is preferred that the incumbent have a minimum of two years of experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The individual is responsible for supporting activities related to graduate and undergraduate programs in the COHPNS. Duties include providing exceptional service to all stakeholders (students, faculty, administration, staff, and the community); triaging student concerns; assisting with academic program questions; and coordinating and scheduling special events. The successful candidate must have excellent communication, customer services skills, and organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to work with diverse populations. Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently and still work effectively as part of a team. Must possess strong written and verbal communication. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a service-oriented environment with competing demands. Maintains professionalism and confidentiality in all situations. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products. Must have a working knowledge of WilmU database management systems (e.g., CAMS, Canvas LMS, Banner, BDM, Recruit, or other Microsoft based Student Information System) is required.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Become knowledgeable about COHPNS programs and partner with Program Chairs/Directors to facilitate exceptional communication and student service.
- Demonstrate high levels of competence in oral and written communications with all stakeholders (students, faculty, staff, administration, and the community).
- Contact students/ faculty about issues pertaining to (but not limited to) registration, student payments, financial aid, academic program advising and admissions, and syllabi and grade questions.
- Update and track data relative to students including but not limited to: admissions applications, cohort spreadsheets, registration information, etc. Prepare reports as necessary and required.
- Handle incoming telephone calls and in-person drop-ins. Triage questions and inquiries to direct them to the proper person/department.
- Arrange the schedule and coordinate meetings related to student admissions and/ or orientation processes, as well as maintain records and track progress.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with students regarding portfolio/clinical hours as appropriate for their program of study.
- Assist Program Chairs/Directors in managing the two-year schedule of course offerings and faculty.
- Demonstrate skill and confidence in using video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
- Assist the Program Chairs, Directors, and faculty to provide curricular, technical, and student support.
- Develop collegial and collaborative relationships with administrative and support staff serving programs in other colleges.
- Event scheduling (room reservations, food & refreshment logistics and ordering), RSVP's, coordinating AV equipment, etc. Coordinate colloquia, advisory committee, special events, graduation, etc. Provide the necessary announcements, information, and invitations for COHPNS program events and activities.
- Distribute, collect, and process Outcomes Assessment materials according to established College procedures.
- Assist Program Chairs and Directors in processing Academic Approval Forms, overload and override requests, grade changes and other administrative operations.
- Update Sharepoint files/ data as needed, as well as, maintain Canvas organization sites for students.
- Work closely with Green Marketplace to ensure that all program flyers and other marketing materials are reviewed by Program Chairs/Directors for accuracy, as necessary.
- Prepare materials for and assist with Open Houses, Graduate Fairs, webinars and similar events as necessary.
- Perform all tasks in a timely matter.
- Work on long range projects as requested by the Program Chairs, Directors, and/ or Dean.
- Perform other duties which may be assigned by the Program Chairs, Directors, and/ or Dean.
Hours of Employment: Monday - Friday. Generally, working hours will be between Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 6:30PM depending on the needs of the department(s) and/or the University. The incumbent must maintain a flexible work schedule to occasionally work some early evening hours. Hours may be adjusted for the first week of a block/semester and special events. Travel to other Wilmington University sites is required
Benefits: Wilmington University offers an excellent benefit package that includes Medical and Dental Insurance, Retirement Plan (403b), Dependent Care Assistance, Life & Disability Insurances and Education benefits.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: April 17, 2023
To apply visit https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WILMU&cws=51&rid=1375.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency