Program Manager, Nursing
Program Manager, Nursing
Salary Range: $75,000 - 85,000
The Program Manager serves as the academic administrator and lead entrepreneur responsible for the assigned program. Under the guidance and direction of the Dean, this position performs in alignment with the College's mission and strategic direction in service to students and their success.
Program-Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- In cooperation with the Associate Dean of the School of Health and Safety submits OBN and ACEN Annual Reports, Plans of Action, and any required documentation required by OBN and ACEN to maintain compliance and accreditation standards; prepares and administers program budget; with nursing faculty input reviews, revises, and makes recommendations for nursing program curriculum to meet student learning and end of program outcomes; creates course schedules; assists with faculty and student issues; coordinates professional development for faculty; coordinates adjunct assignments; completes adjunct faculty evaluations and participates in other special projects.
- Acts as the lead liaison for practicum sites for the Nursing programs in the School of Health and Safety.
- Certifies to the Ohio Board of Nursing, in a format prescribed by the board for each student who is an applicant for licensure in Ohio that each applicant successfully completed the requirements of the program and the date the applicant completed said program requirements;
- Submits to the Ohio Board of Nursing a corrective action plan any time the program administrators submit one or more erroneous certifications of program completion to the board of nursing.
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES:
- Conducts regular review of all aspects of the program in collaboration with the program's Advisory Board for continuous quality improvement.
- Conducts regular review of the program to maximize accreditation opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring course fees support the sustainability of the program.
- Responsible for cultivation of leads, recruitment and enrollment of students in the program.
- Provide effective day-to-day management and administration of the program.
- Supervise all faculty and coordinate adjunct assignments including evaluations.
- Plan and oversee professional development for program faculty.
- Manage course schedules, assist with faculty and student issues.
- Communicate college policies and ensure they are followed.
- Manage aspects of grant funding as needed.
- Actively engage in Academic Affairs and Institutional activities. Serve on committees as assigned by the Dean.
- Represent the program to students, prospective students and other interested parties at recruiting events, on and off campus.
- Work with Career Technical Centers and traditional secondary schools to develop articulation agreements.
- Collaborate and provide programming for career/program exploration camps including summer camps.
- Lead efforts to collaborate with the marketing department to develop materials that promote the program (e.g., publications, web page, annual report).
- Develops and maintains relevant curriculum to ensure student employability upon program completion.
- Maintain required credit hours of teaching load per term.
- Work with students and faculty to resolve conflicts and serve as the second step in grade appeals.
- Drive student involvement in the advising process by maintaining sufficient advising hours compatible with student schedules; meeting with advisees regularly; advising students struggling with coursework; maintaining appropriate advisee files; directing students to appropriate department and College resources; maintaining confidentiality; evaluating graduation progress and completions. Supervise program advisors to accomplish same.
- Manage student files including applications. Keep track of student progress in cross disciplines and update student records. This requires working closely with many different offices throughout the College such as Admissions, Student Affairs, Financial Aid, etc.
- Reviews graduation applications prior to final approval by the Dean.
- Act as the lead liaison for practicum sites for the program.
- Manages purchasing, budgeting, staff, and programming at relevant facilities.
- Promotes and publicizes programs and opportunities to include the general public. This includes Leisure Learning programs.
- Coordinates with faculty and staff within the college regarding use of the facilities.
- Ensures entrepreneurial ventures are integrated in teaching in academic classes, practicum experiences and management of facilities.
- Seeks partnership in support for facility maintenance and restoration, including grants and college self-performance on projects.
- Completion of an approved registered nursing education program in a jurisdiction as defined in paragraph (P) of rule 4723-01 of the Administrative Code
- Experience for at least five years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse, two of which has been as a faculty member in a registered nursing education program.
- A Master's degree with a major in nursing
- Current, valid licensure as a registered nurse in Ohio.
- Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong technology skills including usage of Microsoft Office, email, student information system, and learning management system.
- Knowledge of educational theory and application including learners and individual learning styles with interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Customer service attitude toward all internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to extend self to help students succeed.
- Genuine openness to feedback and coaching.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility in dealing with others.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Emulates and fosters Hocking College and Academic Affairs mission, goals, and values.
- Knowledge of safe working conditions.
To apply, visit https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a7883d072e8b0dc01734eb99aee3392&id=8a7883a877dab2740177dfa0f4642f7f&source=elephantjobs&lang=en
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency