Join an International Research University on the shores of the Red Sea.
Submit your Cover Letter and CV to Ismail Al-Nizami, email@example.com
Occupational Health Nurse:
This position will manage and execute the development and administration of efficient and professional operations of occupational health services in accordance with KAUST policies, practices, and procedures.
This position will also provide injury and illness prevention, triage, preplacement evaluations, occupational health education, employee travel information, and case management services to protect and restore employees' health.
- Collaborate with Human Resources, KAUST Health and Health, Safety, and Environment to develop and implement Occupational Health operations, programs, and services.
- Develops occupational health policies, objectives, and standards
- Contribute in the design of controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work environment.
- Identify, implement and monitor primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention and health promotion strategies to optimize health of those in the workplace.
- Review and provide medical observations and analysis on pre-employment and periodic screening results as required.
- Triage occupational-related accidents/injuries/exposures and refers to appropriate resources.
- Perform patient follow-ups of routine and special health evaluations and tracks rehabilitation and return to work of employees.
- Provide health education programs on prevention and control of job-related health hazards and orientations to the Occupational Health Program, its purpose, scope and use.
- Lead in the planning and implementation of integrated occupational medicine programs and evaluates quantitative outcomes of occupational health and safety programs.
- Lead and monitor the implementation of various activities in Epidemiology, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational & Environmental Health and Health Education.
- Maintain awareness of technological, legal and professional changes associated with preventive and occupational medicine.
- Capable of working independently and as a team member to develop and implement programs for KAUST.
- Skilled in developing and implementing occupational health programs as well as working with diverse clientele.
- Strong working knowledge of position requirements and demonstrated ability to organize, track, and prioritize work responsibilities and deadlines.
- Ability to act decisively when responding to emergency situations.
- Highly service oriented with good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver concise documentation, presentations and trainings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Master's degree preferred
- Registered Nurse required
- Recognized high-level qualification in Occupational Health such as a Diploma or Degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience as an Occupational Health Nurse
- Preferred occupational health experience in a setting that includes academic research, industrial, community and education setting.
- Clinical experience and judgment to operate independently and provide a wide range of occupational health care services
- Hazard and risk assessment experience
- Workplace assessment and health surveillance experience
- Health promotion experience
Established in 2009, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a graduate-level research university located on the shores of the Red Sea, North of Jeddah.
With a mission to be a catalyst for innovation, economic development and social prosperity in both Saudi Arabia and around the world, KAUST is dedicated to advancing science and technology through interdisciplinary research, education and innovation.
Ranked # 1 in the World for Citations per Faculty in the QS World University Rankings, KAUST provides a learning environment integrated with research, and attracts top international faculty and students from across the globe all focused on finding solutions to problems in areas related to water, food, energy, and the environment. KAUST offers postgraduate degrees in 16 programs (M.S. and Ph.D.) Admission to KAUST is merit based and the language of instruction is English. KAUST welcomes an international community of more than 7,000 residents from over 100 countries. https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/about
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency