Nursing Program Simulation Manager
Nursing Program Simulation Manager
Annual Salary Range: $55,000 - 65,000
This 12-month position serves as the creator, developer, implementer and consultant for the faculty and students within the simulation environment. The coordinator will collaborate with nursing faculty in an effort to meet the various course objectives and learning outcomes for the students. The successful candidate will assure the effective and efficient operation of the lab, assess and provide for meeting program and student needs, oversee the operation of high fidelity technology to ensure safe and effective use of simulation equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and evaluate faculty using simulation.
- Responsible for maintaining documents and files for ACEN and OBN reports in relationship to clinical experience to meet course and end of program outcomes.
- Create, develop, implement, consult, and debrief with the faculty and the students within the simulation environment.
- Develop, implement, update, and monitor all simulation lab policies, procedures, use, and operation.
- Monitors and schedules the use and movement of simulation lab equipment
- Develops and implements clinical simulation to meet accreditation standards.
- Assist faculty to integrate simulation experiences into their nursing curriculum.
- Serve as instructor during simulation scenarios and debriefing periods and other hours as assigned.
- Must be willing to attend manufacturers' training seminars and become certified as appropriate.
- Assess student nurse skills competency for both remediating and returning students as indicated by the faculty and/or nurse program manager.
- Obtain student and faculty feedback following simulation experiences to determine the impact of simulation on the learning process.
- Performs data analysis to evaluate learning and satisfaction with the provision of services
- Maintains the lab inventory, ensures the safe storage and disposal of hazardous materials
- Continuously updates and refines simulation experiences based on the identified needs and to serve as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation in classroom/lab activities
- Monitors and assures appropriate standards of lab cleanliness, provides for equipment maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Orients instructors in lab procedures, use of materials, and operation of equipment.
- Oversees simulation lab information and technology support
- Formulates budget recommendations
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment, complies with college health and safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Serves as simulation liaison between the Department of Nursing and exterior community agencies.
- Maintains expertise/competence in the area of simulation by attending necessary conferences/seminars and/or schools as required
- Ensure student and academic program progression according to nursing and student handbook policies.
- Assist the Nursing PM in compilation of required materials for accreditation.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Department of Nursing.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. Must be in Nursing or related degree area
- Current Ohio RN licensure
- Prior work experience in the clinical setting with 1-3 years of experience in simulation and skills lab teaching is preferred.
- Required to have or obtain certification in simulation.
- Must be able to use and demonstrate various medical equipment, audio-visual equipment
- Ability to prepare and organize simulation laboratory and demonstration materials.
- Utilize databases to monitor student placements and preceptor information.
- Maintain correspondence of large numbers of students, preceptors, and clinical faculty.
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external clinical partners.
- Ability to act in confidence.
- Knowledge of FERPA and HIPAA.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To apply, visit https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a7883d072e8b0dc01734eb99aee3392&id=8a7883a978279a120178369c989f548e&source=elephantjobs&lang=en
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency