- Participate as a member of a teaching team, working collaboratively with other full- and part-time faculty to deliver high quality nursing instruction.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate nursing curriculum.
- Teach practical nursing and associate degree nursing courses in the classroom, lab, and clinical settings using innovative methods, techniques, and delivery methods that include active learning, instructional technology, and online learning.
- Write and revise course plans.
- Collect, analyze, and use data from assessment of courses and student learning outcomes to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Recommend curricular changes based on student learning outcomes.
- Maintain an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in the teaching discipline.
- Recommend instructional materials and supplies.
- Develop and implement student retention and success initiatives.
- Advise nursing students in a proactive manner to assist in retention and program completion.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and external constituents.
- Demonstrate ethical standards of nursing practice within Virginia Board of Nursing regulations.
- Collaborate with the coordinator of nursing and clinical coordination specialist to establish/maintain clinical partnerships and relationship with local healthcare organizations.
- Collaborate with the coordinator of nursing to recruit qualified students for nursing programs.
- Collaborate with coordinator of nursing to recruit qualified part-time faculty members.
- Mentor adjunct nursing faculty.
- Participate in professional development activities and attend regular faculty meetings to facilitate professional growth and development.
- Assist with nursing pinning events.
- Assist with maintaining state approval status and acquiring and maintaining national nursing accreditation.
- Serve on department and other college committees and participate in college initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Current unrestricted RN license in Virginia.
- Minimum of a BSN degree in nursing from an accredited college or university and active enrollment in, or commitment to enroll in, an MSN degree program from an accredited college or university.
- At least 2 years' experience as a registered nurse with recent clinical nursing experience in medical surgical nursing.
- Commitment to community college mission and to practical nursing and associate degree nursing education.
- Excellent oral and written communication and effective communication in teaching/learning situations.
- Commitment to and ability to implement teaching strategies that foster student retention and student success.
- Commitment to innovative teaching approaches, including use of technology as a teaching and learning tool.
- Ability to serve effectively as a member of a team and to maintain effective and courteous working relationships.
- Commitment to and ability to recruit and mentor adjunct nursing faculty.
- Fairness and flexibility in understanding and working with a wide variety of students.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in nursing education and healthcare delivery.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain screening and immunizations required for clinical participation.
Finalists will be required to present a sample teaching lesson.
Three current letters of recommendation are required.
- Master's degree in nursing or nursing education from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in community college or higher education nursing education.
- Clinical nursing experience in obstetric, psychiatric, and/or pediatric nursing in addition to medical surgical nursing.
- Knowledge of concept-based nursing curriculum.
- Knowledge of assessment of student learning and program effectiveness.
- Experience working in an ACEN accredited nursing program.
- Evidence of continuous professional development in nursing.
Go to https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/32475 to view the full job posting and/or to apply.
Virginia's Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency