Nursing Faculty - Simulation Assistant (Part-Time)
Posting Number: A0000044
Reports to: Department Chair, Nursing
Department: Health Sciences Education
Full or Part-time:
Provides instruction and other professional contributions aligned with the mission and strategic goals of the College and the Academic Services Unit. Delivers currency of courses, programs, and curricula in assigned program discipline. Creates an innovative and engaging learning environment. Delivers effective simulation in alignment with program and course outcomes.
1. Delivers effective instruction, including simulation instruction in coordination with the Simulation Coordinator.
2. In collaboration with department colleagues, full-time faculty, and the Academic Dean, implements appropriate assessment of student learning at the course and program level.
3. Recommends equipment and software needed to full-time faculty and Simulation Lab Tech Support Specialist.
4. Effectively integrates use of instructional technology in instruction, when appropriate.
5. Utilize technology to advance student learning, including but not limited to high fidelity simulations, and other existing/ emerging technologies that serve to bridge theory with practice.
6. Support, mentor and remediate nursing students to reach educational goals.
7. Contributes to the discipline taught as well as in current trends in teaching methodologies for their specific discipline.
8. Contributes to decision-making in a productive manner.
9. Participate in activities that promote the nursing profession and encourage enrollment and program completion.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
SIMULATION ASSISTANT JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides nursing education by managing operations of the Simulation and Nursing Education Center (NEC) labs.
2. Delivers simulation and lab activates for the various laboratory experiences aligned with curriculum.
3. Coordinate the use of simulation technology to support student learning and practice.
4. Work with faculty to establish lab simulation learning activities.
5. Plan, prepare, and set up for nursing lab simulations.
6. Manage lab activities and program scenarios in simulation.
7. Provide remedial instruction to students with targeted deficiencies.
8. Stage all equipment and supplies needed to complete simulations.
Under the supervision of the Nursing Simulation Coordinator and Dean of Health Sciences, each part- time faculty member is responsible for satisfying the educational, administrative, and fiscal requirements inherent on his/her position.
Current unencumbered RN license in the State of Michigan.
Master of Nursing (MSN) degree from an accredited college/university.
Minimum of two (2) years clinical teaching experience in one or more of the following settings; long term care, adult medical surgical, behavioral health, maternal-child, and/or pediatrics.
Excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of instructional technology.
Experience working with a diverse population.
Maintain professional credentials as required by the State of Michigan and program accreditation standards for continued qualification as nursing clinical assistant.
The qualifications for the nursing simulation assistant shall be in accordance with the applicable certification/credential requirements specified by the Michigan Board of Nursing, Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Current health requirements per nursing program and clinical site requirements.
OTHER HIGHLY DESIRED QUALITIES:
Committed to the value of diversity and the free and open exchange of ideas; student success; technically competent in standard office applications, instructional technology, implement effective assessment strategies for measuring student learning; knowledgeable and committed to the mission and purposes of community colleges.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
By completing this application, your information will be added to the candidate pool. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by the Department Chair.
Please note that background check, drug screen, official transcripts, Michigan Registered Nurse license (current), and immunization records are required upon hire.
Questions? Please contact the Nursing Department Chair, Dana Jenkins at 269-927-8100 5232 or email@example.com.
Open Date: 04/28/2021
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/3570
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesakes breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our regions future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the colleges facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMCs main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet its less than a half-days drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency