This ad is expired.
Licensed Vocational Nurse
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 33161
Student Health Services is recruiting for a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). This is a Partial Year Career position with a 4-week unpaid summer work break / furlough. Positions with summer work breaks contain regularly scheduled non-work periods during which the LVN remains an employee, retains health benefits, but is not at work.
Thank you for your interest in Student Health Services at UC Santa Cruz.
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 04-05-2022
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
UC Santa Cruz (UCSC) Student Health Services (SHS) is a full-service medical facility offering clinical, educational, and psychological support to UCSC students. SHS is deeply committed to ensuring affordable, well-integrated, multidisciplinary healthcare that effectively supports the university's diverse campus communities through equitable access and culturally competent, high-quality programs and services.
The Primary Care Program includes primary care and same-day care, with the support of on-site radiology, a COLA-accredited high complexity clinical laboratory and campus pharmacy. Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) supports UCSC students to maintain or improve their general well-being by providing a broad range of counseling, psychiatric services, consultation and outreach services and programs. Other departments include Student Health Outreach and Promotion (SHOP), home of the Condom Co-op; CARE (Campus Advocacy, Resources, and Education) the advocacy and prevention education office that supports survivors of sexual assault, stalking, and dating/domestic violence; and Student Insurance Programs. SHS employs approximately 120 staff including physicians, psychiatrists, case managers, lab scientists, pharmacists, nurses, radiologists, and many other clinical and administrative staff.
Student Health Services welcomes staff with interest and experience in working with students with a wide range of ethnic, cultural, and gender identities.
Under the direction of appropriate registered nursing personnel, and reporting to the Clinic Director, the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) performs a wide variety of patient care activities. LVN staff may: administer intramuscular or oral medications, start/maintain IV fluids, perform point of care testing, perform spirometry, collect specimens, conduct patient observation, assist with minor procedures, perform patient education and perform other related duties as required within their scope and according to facility guidelines.
Salary Information: Salary Range: $28.06 - $36.31 / Hourly. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and years of licensed experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Partial Year Career appointment, with a 4 week furlough
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: EX
Job Code Classification: 008916 (VOC NURSE SR)
Travel: Never or Rarely
- Takes vital signs, prepares patients for further evaluation
- Collects specimens and performs point of care testing
- Administers medications and immunizations
- Assists providers during procedures
- Supports medical supply management; assists in ordering, stocking, and receiving medical supplies
- Works collaboratively with other clinic staff to support patient care and clinic flow
- Administrative tasks
- Performs all duties using universal precaution, appropriate infection control techniques
- Other duties as assigned within scope
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) license, in good standing, issued by the state of California
- Recent and demonstrated LVN experience in direct patient care, such as in primary care, urgent care, or another relative ambulatory care service
- Experience in obtaining vital signs, administering medications and immunizations; patient education; performing point of care testing
- Ability to apply clinical judgment appropriately. Seeks medical consultation when necessary
- Ability to care for medically complex acute patients in collaboration with appropriate care team members
- Excellent communication and listening skills. Maintains a positive communication style during all interactions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated flexibility, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Strong multitasking skills during frequent interruptions and time constraints
- Ability to handle difficult and confidential situations tactfully
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently at times with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in IV skills
- Experience ordering/Receiving medical supplies
- Spirometry experience
- 6 months LVN experience in an ambulatory care setting
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) license, in good standing, issued by the state of California.
- Selected Candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-hire criminal history background check and a pre-hire credentialing check.
- Possession of or the ability to possess a current CPR Certificate within 90 days of hire.
- Must complete HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accessibility Act) training within 30 days of hire.
- Must complete Title IX (Sexual Harassment) training as required.
- Will be required to comply with current Student Health Center employee health safety requirements for health care workers as defined by state and federal regulatory agencies; Current health safety requirements to be discussed during the interview.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency