Coordinator - Allied Health/American Heart Association (DWED)
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN), Department of Workforce and Economic Development (DWED) is currently seeking a Coordinator - Allied Health/American Heart Association. Under the supervision of the DWED Director the primary duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- This position provides services to the community for classes under the American Heart Association Training Center (AHA TC) at CSN, continuing education programs approved by the Nevada Board of Nursing and to provide continuing medical education for the Healthcare Professional and customized Training to Healthcare agencies.
- The DWED program Coordinator for the AHA/HC/EMS is expected to interface with appropriate college departments and programs, and business and industry, government, education, community and workforce partners to provide unlimited learning opportunities to meet the needs of our changing economy, emerging workforce and new technologies.
- This manager is expected to establish annual budget for the program and manage with fiscally sound decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college and/or university and 3 years related professional experience (program management, curriculum development) or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Unencumbered Nevada RN License
- Knowledge of the American Heart Association Training Center National guidelines, the Nevada Board of Nursing/Continuing Education and Continuing Medical Education requirements for the state of Nevada.
- Ability to develop relationships and market related programs and services.
- Ability to work well with a diverse, multicultural student and employee populations.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to work with business and industry in a consultant, training and leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum planning and development.
- Excellent attention to detail and computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills enabling successful functioning in a team environment.
- Experience in long and short term program assessment, design, development, and evaluation.
- Experience in budget management.
- Supervisory experience.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade C
$58,561 - $67,307
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
- Nevada RN License
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Sahara-West-B-Classroom-Building/Coordinator---Allied-Health-American-Heart-Association--DWED-_R0120062
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency